- AIQ embodies an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit that embraces challenges to push boundaries and seeks to welcome professionals to its team that share the desire to make meaningful and impactful contributions to its mission. Always on the cutting edge of technology, AIQ provides its talent all the opportunities to thrive and excel. Working at AIQ includes dealing with massive data sets, an AI infrastructure that is powered by the latest NVIDIA GPU cloud computing platform and access to limitless computing, storage and network resources. All in all, being a Data-Scientist at AIQ gives the unique opportunity to contribute to the development of complete AI solutions going through all the following key steps: technical formalization of the business needs, database creation (QC, selection and labeling), data preprocessing, algorithms development and implementation, model performance evaluation, deployment in production and even continual learning of AI machines.
- Apply state-of-the-art AI techniques to improve existing solutions;
- Evaluate proposed AI solutions with respect to the project objectives;
- Formalize Oil & Gas problems into AI problems;
- D evelop next generation AI-enabled software products for oil & gas clients;
- Deploy and maintain AI models in production;
- Communicate ideas, plans, and results, effectively via oral presentations and written reports.
- Contribute to the solution design, in collaboration with other data scientists, engineers and SMEs;
- Contribute to the creation of large-scale labeled databases leveraging our annotation team;
- Develop data-driven algorithms and prototypes for classification, regression, anomaly detection, failure prediction and optimization;
- Help prepare and visualize interim and final results of analyses;
- Translate business objectives into actionable analyses and insights;
- Data QC: Analyze quality of data produced and proactively develop solutions to data quality issues;
- Keep up to date with the latest technology trends;
- Data preparation: Extract, clean, audit and preprocess data for analysis;
- Shell, BP, Schlumberger, Halliburton, Baker Hughes, etc) is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Results-driven and proactive personality;
- Relevant experience in industry or academia;
- Ability to build AI models and to find impactful and actionable recommendations based on the model;
- Proficient in statistics, machine-learning or deep-learning;
- Strong background in applied mathematics, algorithms and coding;
- Proficient in at least one development language (e.g., Python), one data analysis library (e.g., Pandas) and either a deep-learning framework (e.g., Pytorch, Tensorflow) or a machine-learning library (e.g., Scikit-learn);
- Hands-on with useful development tools (PyCharm, Jupyter, Docker, Git, etc);
- Theoretical and at least practical knowledge of popular machine-learning algorithms (PCA, Support Vector Machines,
- RandomForest, XGBoost, etc.) or deep-learning networks (RNNs, LSTMs, CNNs, shallow networks, GANs, Transformers, etc.);
- Excellent communication, verbal and written skills.
- Strong background in AI application to computer-vision, NLP or signal-processing problems;
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated relevant experience in implementing robust and scalable industrial AI solutions;
- Demonstrated experience in developing core AI algorithms in industry or for real-world problems;
- Experience in the oil & gas exploration & production company or oil field services company (ExxonMobil, Chevron, Total,
- Master’s degree or or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or any AI-related field;
- Western education is mandatory.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, take initiative, and hit the ground running.
- Very strong mathematical and analytical skills;
- 3+ years of experience demonstrating depth and breadth in state-of-the-art machine-learning, deep-learning, computer-vision, natural language processing, signal processing, or other AI technologies
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A