- Supports the Senior Legal Counsel in managing claims and disputes involving ADNOC group companies. Provides legal advice to ADNOC’s relevant Directorates/Functions and to ADNOC group companies, where necessary.
- Manages and supervises courts or arbitration proceedings; whether raised by/against ADNOC; which includes, amongst other tasks, writing legal memorials, participating or conducting negotiation and settlement discussions, supervising external counsel etc.. .
- Assists the Senior Legal Counsel in the appointment of external lawyers and experts for specific legal matters and supervises the monitoring of external lawyers and experts.
- Manages the preparation of the strategy of defense of ADNOC as well as of the written submissions before the courts and their pleadings.
- Initiates and runs negotiation discussions when necessary for amicable settlements.
- Assists the Senor Legal Counsel in developing initiatives for the training and continuous learning of the developees in the
- Department. Supports the development of junior Emirati lawyers in the Department, and coordinates with other
- Departments and Functions on development and implementation of training and development initiatives.
- Provides legal advisory on matters related to, (i) legal implications of internal policies and procedures; (ii) agreements related to administrative matters entered or to be entered into by ADNOC, including HR; (iii) disputes that may involve
- ADNOC; and (iv) laws and regulations that may have impact on ADNOC and relating to/involving ADNOC Group of Companies.
- Represents ADNOC in various task forces, events and committees pertaining to Group Disputes & Administrative Affairs.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law is essential.
- Minimum 5 yearswork experience in a dispute resolution practice of reputable international law firm and/or in-house legal department, preferably with construction disputes focus.
- Must be a qualified lawyer in a civil law jurisdiction.
- Excellent English language (written and spoken). Fluent Arabic in addition is an advantage.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Legal
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A