Website Air Arabia
Nominated as the “Post Holder”, the Manager- Safety and ERP is the approved party by the GCAA to implement, maintain and develop the Air Arabia Safety Management System (SMS) and to promote safety awareness and accident prevention methods throughout the organization whilst ensuring that the prevention of flight accidents is the Company’s priority. Reports safety performance and arising issues to the Accountable Manager and records actions as per Company’s approved standards.
- Applies Air Arabia’s (SMSM) agreed procedures to lead investigations of any incidents that affect the safety of the company, its employees, customers and assets; this includes but not limited to emergencies, AOGs, accidents and flight occurrences.
- Identifies safety issues and addresses to concerned parties in proper channel for timely action and appropriate corrective measure all in line with GCAA regulations and Company’s policies and procedures related to safety measures.
- Acts on behalf of the GCEO to develop, implement and manage safety policies, procedures and manuals in accordance with
- GCAA rules and regulations and Company’s approved standard procedures.
- Ensures that all company’s employees are educated on safety measures, and its assets, facilities and equipment are managed and maintained as per approved safety standards and that all HSE in the company support the safety measures implemented.
- Reports safety performance and any arising safety issues to the “ Accountable Manager” regularly ensuring proper recording of needed actions in line with agreed standards and practice.
- Implements, manages and develops Air Arabia Safety Management System (SMS) as well as the Safety Management System
- Manual (SMSM) ensuring both are managed, maintained and updated in accordance with GCAA and Company’s standards.
- Maintains Air Arabia Emergency Response Plan (ERP) in accordance with GCAA requirements and Company’s ERP
- Manual. Ensures Emergency plan exercises are periodically carried out as per the SMS requirements.
- Creates “Safety Cultural Awareness” through proactively acting to promote for safety system and accident prevention methods across the entire company with focus on risk management, prediction of possible safety hazards, prevention of flight accidents, as well as on human factors considerations.
- Develops, analyzes and utilizes the Company’s Flight Data Monitoring System (FDMS) in coordination with Stakeholders as appropriate to address risks related to flights operation. Compiles and analyzes information from FDMS and Safety reports to recommend Safety action plans and corrective measures within the Company.
- A sound knowledge of Safety Measures and procedures adopted in Aviation.
- Training certificates in SMS and Human Factors from a recognized safety training institute.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experienced in leading teams with heavy work-load schedules and ad-hoc scenarios.
- Skilled report writing is required to ensure that complex reports are properly and clearly described.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Safety department in a similar capacity.
- Bachelor degree in Aviation/Engineering/Management or equivalent; alternately a diploma or certificate in the related field from a recognized university or institute combined with needed experience and exposure.
- Very good knowledge and exposure on airline and Flight Operations formalities and standard regulations; good understanding of operations staff’ thought process.
- Project Management certificate or alternately the proven corresponding working experience is a must.
- 10 years of experience in the Aviation/Airlines industry,
- Very good knowledge and working exposure to Safety Audit/Quality Assurance practices.
- Fluent in English Language.
- Has extensive knowledge and exposure on Civil Aviation Authorities; familiar with rules and regulations of CAA pertaining to Safety, policies, procedures, manuals, etc.
- Must have attended Appropriate Government/ IATA Aviation Safety Course for Safety Managers.
Company: Air Arabia
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Ajman, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A