Website California Department of Motor Vehicles
This position is located at the DMV Investigations District Office in Cerritos.
- This is a Peace Officer position subject to P.O.S.T requirements. Performing in a law enforcement capacity, the incumbent; conducts highly complex criminal investigations pertaining to vehicle theft, odometer discrepancy, identification, driver license, occupational license, registration, and insurance claim fraud; processes Department of Justice (DOJ) referrals involving wanted fugitives; individuals or businesses suspected of committing crimes against the Department, counterfeiting, submitting fraudulent documents, embezzlement, grand theft, and employee misconduct; participates as a DMV’s law enforcement representative in multi-agency criminal investigations and assignments, involving DOJ, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Homeland Security, and other law enforcement or allied agencies; provides direct criminal investigative testimony, witness, advisory and services to State and Federal courts, other law enforcement or allied agencies, and DMV legal staff; performs a full range of peace officer duties and responsibilities in the accomplishment of their assignments in accordance with the California Penal Code, Section 830.3, such as effecting and assisting in arrests of criminal suspects; issues misdemeanor and registration violation citations; assisting in search warrants; and performing other duties as required.
- Ability to collect and use forensic data to identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data to provide answers to investigative questions.
- The position(s) require(s) a Background Investigation be cleared prior to being hired.
- The position(s) require(s) a valid California Drivers License (CDL). You must answer the questions addressing your CDL on your application.
- Ensure you provide your CDL number, class, expiration date, and any endorsements and/or restrictions.
- The position(s) require(s) Psychological Evaluation clearance prior to being hired.
- The position(s) require(s) Medical Clearance prior to being hired.
Company: California Department of Motor Vehicles
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fresno, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A