Website Doha Bank
The Senior Dealer – Proprietary Trading will perform proprietary trading activities, in line with the internal policies/ trading mandates and regulatory guidelines. The incumbent will provide Prop. Trading solutions specifically for Doha Bank in foreign exchange, commodities and other approved financial instruments within the approved limits and will ensure prompt execution of transactions and deals. The job holder will ensure availability of funds at the best available/agreed rates and manage excess/deficit liquidity situations.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required.
- Promptly respond to and/or escalate significant deal transactions related issues/concerns raised by internal/external stakeholders.
- Research and initiate appropriate trades within the foreign exchange and commodities space within the risk framework provided.
- Review treasury transactions in line with the approved procedures and ensure that deal tickets and approvals are complete and accurate. Ensure adequate documentation with respect to each deal executed.
- Meet and exceed established budgets for proprietary trading and ensure accurate reporting of P&L figures of proprietary trading activities and revalue outstanding positions to the reporting authorities on a periodic basis.
- Conduct proprietary trading activities of the Treasury team in the field of foreign exchange and commodities.
- Keep abreast of all pertinent regulations as well as leading practices pertaining to the overall trading operations.
- Monitor and analyze the market, enabling to trade profitable positions and provide recommendations on possible arbitrage opportunities in the market.
- Review and, where appropriate suggest amendments to the proprietary trading framework to enhance returns for the Bank.
- Prepare proposals for undertaking proprietary trading decisions, in line with the Qatar Central Bank guidelines and internal bank policies.
- Ensure timely resolution of queries raised by the Treasury & Investment Operations section on account of reconciliation of trade deals.
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements, and market, credit and operational protocols are adhered with.
- Liaise with market participants and further develop relationships with counterparty banks.
- Work closely with the reporting authorities in structuring of the proprietary trading instruments.
Qualification & Experience:
- University graduate with a degree in Business or Banking or Finance or Economics or any other related discipline.
- Master’s degree in Management any other related discipline will be an added advantage.
- 10-15 years of total experience in financial services/banking industry, entailing responsibilities pertaining to the specific area of discipline.
- Experience in financial markets inclusive of foreign exchange (spot, forward and options) as well as commodities.
- Must clearly demonstrate a strong track record of excellent performance in proprietary trading.
- Relevant professional qualification would be desirable
Company: Doha Bank
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
Application Deadline: N/A