Website Duke Energy
This position is responsible for planning, implementing, documenting, and inspecting the Distribution Vegetation Management Program (DVMP) in their respective Distribution Maintenance Area/Zone.
- Work Plans Manage respective Distribution maintenance area vegetation management work plan and budget by monitoring/reporting work plan completion progress, reviewing/approving invoices for contract work, monitoring unit costs, and adjusting work plans and expenditures as necessary.
- Inspections/Patrols Perform regular patrols of Distribution rights-of-way to identify issues that would potentially impact the safe and reliable operation of the line. This is to be performed consistent with the relevant Transmission or Distribution procedures. Document all potential NERC compliance related outages.
- Contract Management Support and participate in contract development/award process. Monitor performance of contract resources to assure safe work practices, vegetation management procedures/standards adherence, and productivity consistent with Duke Energy expectations.
- Manage the productivity and performance of contract crews indirectly through contractor management to ensure safe and efficient operation of the crews. Work with ROW Manager to address any discrepancies between contractor performance and Duke policies/procedures and expectations.
- Distribution Vegetation Management Plan (DVMP): Annual Planning Develop vegetation management work plan and associated budget for respective D Maintenance area/zone in collaboration with other VM Specialists, System Forester, and ROW Manager. Work with System Forester and ROW Manager to assure that work plan is in compliance with Federal and State Distribution vegetation management standards and regulatory requirements.
- Governmental/Community Relations Works with government agencies, including DOT and Environmental, to ensure compliance with appropriate state and federal regulations and pro-active communications of area vegetation management plans and procedures to community stakeholders.
- Financial Management ( for Distribution) Manage expenditures within area of responsibility to ensure that budget targets and forecast changes are met. Implement adjustments within area of responsibility to complete necessary work while meeting budget forecasts, including forecast changes.
- Customer Relations (Internal and External) To enhance the level of customer satisfaction with Duke’s VM Program through various communications channels with Duke Energy customers, local governments, local tree boards, industry groups, civic groups, and any other entity that interfaces and affects the success of the program. This position responds to customer and community concerns associated with our VM and herbicide programs and through the development, presentation, and implementation of communication and education activities, promotes understanding and acceptance of the program. Work proactively to avert conflicts with property owners or others who have objections with Duke’s VM activities. This may include meeting directly with aggrieved parties or participation in seminars/workshops to educate communities on the need, components, and benefits of the vegetation management program.
- Construction Clearing Perform activities for construction project clearing in area of responsibility participating in project planning; participating in project bidding; evaluation of bids; contract oversight; oversight and reporting of erosion and sedimentation control requirements during clearing work; etc.
- Pesticide License
- Valid Driver’s License
- A Bachelor’s of Science degree in Forestry, Engineering, or other related technical field and 1 year of electrical or vegetation management experience OR Associate’s degree in Forestry, Engineering. or other related technical field and 3 years of vegetation management, electrical, or utility experience OR a High School Diploma/GED and and 3+ years of vegetation management or distribution/transmission utility work experience.
- ISA Arborist or Utility Arborist Certification
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time:
Job Location: Greenville, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A