Website Duke Energy
The Government and Community Relations Manager I position is a entry-level community relations role, intended for professionals moving into the community relations role for the first time.
- Studies and evaluated proposed ordinances to determine impact on the Company affecting things such as taxes, fees, ability to effectively locate and relocate our facilities, service charges, etc.
- Represents Duke in strategic industry/associational/chamber organizations to enhance business relationships between Duke Energy and complex, high-value community leaders. Own and manage the total customer relationship including interfaces with other Duke Energy departments including Duke Energy executives.
- Contacts and confers with members of local government and other public officials, including state and local, to influence the passage, defeat or amendment to local ordinances or legislation of interest that impacts Duke Energy’s business objectives.
- Manages the successful execution of new municipal service agreements (SC) for municipalities Duke Energy serves that facilitates our “license to operate” within municipal limits. Facilitates the process to establish business plans with targeted municipalities and counties.
- Remains abreast of trends and developments in the political climate and current public policy issues affecting the Company.
- Manages area governmental, business and community relationships and contacts within Duke Energy service territory on behalf of Duke Energy business units to ensure business unit objectives can be successfully achieved and effectively promotes and enhances the Corporation’s image and reputation.
- Experience with managing governmental and/or business and community relations.
- Demonstrated understanding of state and local political process
- Comprehensive financial and business acumen.
- Demonstrated experience managing relationships with utility’s largest and most complex customer and/or key stakeholders.
- Base knowledge of Duke Energy corporate and utility business and enterprise strategy
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal daily direction
- Analytical/problem-solving skills
- Extensive & thorough knowledge of electric distribution and transmission systems & grid operations
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and management skills, excellent leadership skills, and good facilitation skills all levels, both internal and external, to Duke Energy.
- Political savvy and understanding of local and state political processes.
- Demonstrated experience in managing relationships
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or
- Bachelor’s degree in Business
- In lieu of Bachelors degree(s) AND 5 plus year(s) related work experience listed above, High School/GED AND 10 plus year(s) related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or
- In addition to required degree, 5 plus years related work experience
- Master’s degree in Business Administration
- In addition to desired degree, 2 plus years related work experience
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Myrtle Beach, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A