- At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our New York, New York office.
- Supporting the US Global Banking Head of TMT and a second relationship manager covering ~20 of the largest US headquartered clients in the TMT sector (primarily Tech). Key responsibilities include owning the credit and deal approval processes (annual reviews, new/renewal transaction applications, international facilities, client plans, capital allocation committee, profitability & pricing models). A passion for people and building trusted relationships is critical to success in this role.
- Liaise with members of the client service team (product partners and multinationals teams), ensuring a coordinated approach to enhancing the client relationship.
- Develop a solid understanding of the capital allocation committee process, including who the key stakeholders are, and develop strong relationships with these individuals.
- Provide marketing support to senior relationship managers in pitching ideas, servicing client relationships and enhancing income generation.
- Act as a key point of contact for clients and internal colleagues.
- Monitor income generation and effectively manage the financial reporting and analysis for the client portfolio
- Become an expert in navigating the deal modelling tool, understanding the impact of the various inputs on the model, enabling swift and thoughtful origination and execution.
- Become an expert in developing thoughtful, strategic client plans, being equally mindful of RWA consumption and income generation. This includes building a deep knowledge of the systems required to pull the relevant MI from.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to undertake in depth review of industry, competitors, client and products and provide a high quality analysis of credit risk.
- Strong willingness to learn, positive attitude and a drive to succeed in this role and beyond.
- Knowledge of HSBC Group systems and Global Banking processes is a plus.
- Strong level of financial analysis ability.
- A passion for people and building trusted relationships.
- Ability to provide analytical support whenever needed.
- FINRA Series 63 and 79 licenses required. At the manager’s discretion, a contingency period to obtain licenses can be granted.
- Strong Windows capabilities; Excel, Powerpoint, Word.
- Understanding of risk management and credit mitigants.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Business Development
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A