Website Internal Revenue Service
As an IRS employee, you will feel proud knowing you helped make America stronger while working at one of the world’s biggest financial institutions. You will be part of an organization that collects over $2 trillion in revenue and processes over 200 million tax returns annually. We are proud of how we apply the tax law with integrity and fairness to all. The IRS hires talented and dedicated individuals from many backgrounds, including accounting, business, finance, law enforcement and information technology. You will be challenged & supported on a daily basis. Whether you are just starting out or looking for a new opportunity, consider an IRS career. The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation.
- To qualify for this position at this grade level you must:
- Have one (1) year or twelve (12 months) of general experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS -03) in the Federal government.
- General experience – Progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular competencies needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled. This may be paid or non-paid experience.
Qualification & Experience:
- Two (2) years of education above the high school level (education may have been obtained in an accredited junior college, college, university, business, secretarial or technical school. Note: One full year of academic study is defined as 30 semester hours/45 quarter hours in an accredited junior college, college or university or at least 20 hours of classroom instruction per week for approximately 36 weeks in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school equaling 720 hours.
- An equivalent amount of combined education and experience. The equivalent combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total requirements For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM’s Qualifications Standards.
Company: Internal Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Baton Rouge, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A