Website Internal Revenue Service
As an IRS employee, you will feel proud knowing you helped make America stronger while working at one of the world’s biggest financial institutions. You will be part of an organization that collects over $2 trillion in revenue and processes over 200 million tax returns annually. We are proud of how we apply the tax law with integrity and fairness to all. The IRS hires talented and dedicated individuals from many backgrounds, including accounting, business, finance, law enforcement and information technology. You will be challenged & supported on a daily basis. Whether you are just starting out or looking for a new opportunity, consider an IRS career.
- Prepares written technical and valuation findings resulting from field, records examinations, and presents findings to taxpayer or representative. Assures taxpayer’s understanding of these findings. Obtains agreement from a taxpayer whenever possible. Prepares engineering reports.
- Researches available guidelines and reference material to resolve valuation issues that may arise during the course of the investigation that are typically the subject of confecting precedents or without precedents. Research may establish a principle or without precedents or without precedents. Research may establish a principle for future examinations involving varied and complex industry practices.
- Makes field investigations of real and personal property and of documentary and accounting records of very large and complex organizations with extensive operations and subdivisions.
- Estimates value of real and personal property, utilizing generally accepted valuation principles, including market data, income and cost approaches to valuation.
- Reviews and investigates engineering features of issues of very large and complex assigned tax cases involving the area of his/her specialty.
- Valuation issues associated with industries examined typically include: depreciable life, salvage, investment tax credit, sales of property, research and experimental expenses, casualty loss, contribution of property, valuation of intangible and tangible property in acquisitions, mergers, and liquidations, and other engineering determinations related to the assigned case.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S. These documents must be unexpired original or certified copies.
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt.
- Complete Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by agency.
Qualification & Experience:
- The education must include courses equivalent to a major in engineering, as shown above. To be qualifying your experience must be sufficient to demonstrate: Thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering, and a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering.
Company: Internal Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A