Website Internal Revenue Service
As an IRS employee, you will feel proud knowing you helped make America stronger while working at one of the world’s biggest financial institutions. You will be part of an organization that collects over $2 trillion in revenue and processes over 200 million tax returns annually. We are proud of how we apply the tax law with integrity and fairness to all. The IRS hires talented and dedicated individuals from many backgrounds, including accounting, business, finance, law enforcement and information technology. You will be challenged & supported on a daily basis. Whether you are just starting out or looking for a new opportunity, consider an IRS career.
- Performs or assists in performing operational reviews, prepares or assists in preparing program evaluations and provides guidelines pertaining to the effectiveness of line program operations in meeting established goals and objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Advises on program staffing; recommends changes in methods, procedures and techniques to improve baseline measures; and conducts studies of employee/organizational efficiency and productivity and recommends changes in improvements in organization, staffing, work methods procedures.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- The employment of any candidate selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- Subject to a 1-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Pay retention may be offered based on applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen (Form FS-240))
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S. These documents must be unexpired original or certified copies.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
Qualification & Experience:
- Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) may be met by having a Bachelor’s degree, with one of the following: A GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale for all completed undergraduate courses or those completed in the last two years of study, or a GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale for all courses in the major field of study or those courses in the major completed in the last two years of study, or rank in the upper one third of the class in the college, university, or major subdivision, or membership in a national honor society recognized by the Association of College Honor Societies.
Company: Internal Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Waco, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A