Website Internal Revenue Service
As an IRS employee, you will feel proud knowing you helped make America stronger while working at one of the world’s biggest financial institutions. You will be part of an organization that collects over $2 trillion in revenue and processes over 200 million tax returns annually. We are proud of how we apply the tax law with integrity and fairness to all. The IRS hires talented and dedicated individuals from many backgrounds, including accounting, business, finance, law enforcement and information technology. You will be challenged & supported on a daily basis. Whether you are just starting out or looking for a new opportunity, consider an IRS career.
- Processes individual or small business returns and cases that involve relationships among different accounts that span more than a single tax period. Assign Employee Identification Numbers (EIN) and temporary Social Security Numbers (SSN). Requests and interprets taxpayer information. Perfects documents and initiates research to correct missing or inaccurate account information, inquiries to third parties, and changes to taxpayer accounts to correct errors.
- May serve as a technical advisor, on-the-job (OJT) coach, classroom instructor, or reviewer to provide technical assistance on systemic problems and inconsistencies in the Internal Revenue Manuals (IRM).
- Reviews and analyzes internal documents and/or taxpayer returns, prepares coded entries to amend and complete records, refers questionable returns and documents to appropriate areas to determine corrective action.
- Compiles and maintains functional and/or assigned area records or reports to provide status of work.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Undergo an income tax verification and review of prior performance/conduct.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience performing a variety of miscellaneous tasks involving researching and processing financial documents,
- Reviewing information and determining corrective action on accounts,
- Researching for missing/unclear accounting information and
- Reviewing financial documents submitted for completeness.
- Four (4) years above high school in any field, in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university.
- You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Options for qualifying based on a combination will be identified in the online questions.
Company: Internal Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Temple, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A