Website Internal Revenue Service
As an IRS employee, you will feel proud knowing you helped make America stronger while working at one of the world’s biggest financial institutions. You will be part of an organization that collects over $2 trillion in revenue and processes over 200 million tax returns annually. We are proud of how we apply the tax law with integrity and fairness to all. The IRS hires talented and dedicated individuals from many backgrounds, including accounting, business, finance, law enforcement and information technology. You will be challenged & supported on a daily basis. Whether you are just starting out or looking for a new opportunity, consider an IRS career.
- Provides expertise to government attorneys on cases with litigation potential.
- Conducts conferences with taxpayers, representatives and experts to explain findings which are often vigorously contested.
- Serves as expert witness in U.S. Tax Court or U.S. District Court.
- Performs appraisals and reviews appraisals prepared by recognized experts and authorities in the industry.
- Performs unique, often controversial and precedent setting appraisals of businesses and business interests where the appraisal will have significant tax impact, affect large segments of taxpayers, and with potential to effect legislative change.
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S. These documents must be unexpired original or certified copies.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Undergo an income tax verification and review of prior performance/conduct.
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen (Form FS-240))
Qualification & Experience:
- Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal Service. Examples of specialized experience includes direct experience that includes the appraisal of closely-held businesses or business interests as the primary and typical job duty. Regularly makes determinations of value for intangible assets, and selects and supports control premiums, lack of control, and lack of marketability discounts.
Company: Internal Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bryan, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A