Website Internal Revenue Service
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) offers several career options for people who have proudly served our country. With so many diverse career fields available in our agency, your solid military experience and willingness to selflessly serve can avail you of a rewarding career in public service.
- You may update your application at any time until the closing date.
- We will not be able to provide status updates other than the receipt of your application via an acknowledgement email from [email protected]
- Your application will be placed into a pool of eligible veterans for notification of available opportunities in your selected areas of interest or selection via a non-competitive hiring authority for veterans.
- You may be contacted by interested selecting officials and asked to interview.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S. These documents must be unexpired original or certified copies.
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
- Undergo an income tax verification and review of prior performance/conduct.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport
- Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen (Form FS-240))
Qualification & Experience:
- Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Company: Internal Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Myrtle Beach, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A