Website Internal Revenue Service
As an IRS employee, you will feel proud knowing you helped make America stronger while working at one of the world’s biggest financial institutions. You will be part of an organization that collects over $2 trillion in revenue and processes over 200 million tax returns annually. We are proud of how we apply the tax law with integrity and fairness to all. The IRS hires talented and dedicated individuals from many backgrounds, including accounting, business, finance, law enforcement and information technology. You will be challenged & supported on a daily basis. Whether you are just starting out or looking for a new opportunity, consider an IRS career.
- The Senior Manager Readiness Program offers the opportunity for well qualified individuals to received structured professional leadership development and experience. During the twelve (12) month training and development program, all attendees will be assigned a coach, complete Career Learning Plans, and attend leadership-training classes. In addition, candidates will receive at least one developmental acting assignment and participate in a variety of developmental activities. The goal is to prepare you to compete for future senior manager positions. As a senior manager, you will be responsible for assigning, directing, and reviewing the work of subordinate managers and employees. In this role, you will use your leadership skills and management techniques for planning, scheduling, and coordinating work operations, planning and carrying out the training and development of managers and employees, evaluating work performance, and in performing all other functions related to this level position. Generally, as a Senior Manager, you are a manager of managers and accountable to a Senior Executive Service position and are responsible for the overall effective operation of a program.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Subject to a 1-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Subject to a 1-year supervisory or managerial probationary period (unless already completed).
- If you are in a telework eligible position, you may be directed to temporarily telework on a full-time basis due to COVID 19. Employees must be within a 200-mile radius of their official assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. Once normal operations resume, employees may be directed back to the office to perform the duties of their position. Telework eligibility does not guarantee telework; employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements and supervisor’s approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. As a reminder – If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience applying appropriate operations, policies, applicable laws, regulations, rules, practices, procedures and techniques sufficient to provide oversight and direction in the planning, development and implementation of the technical aspects of programs directly related and/or specific to the position being filled.
- Experience applying budget and fiscal methods used in establishing and maintaining an organization.
- Experience planning, directing, and evaluating work of subordinate managers, employees, and/or others.
- Experience working on major programs segments, organizational structures and/or functional responsibilities specific to the position being filled.
- Experience applying management techniques, methods, theories, principles and labor relations concepts, sufficient to assure optimum utilization of personnel, equipment and space, and to accomplish program objectives through combined technical and administrative oversight.
Company: Internal Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A