Website Internal Revenue Service
As an IRS employee, you will feel proud knowing you helped make America stronger while working at one of the world’s biggest financial institutions. You will be part of an organization that collects over $2 trillion in revenue and processes over 200 million tax returns annually. We are proud of how we apply the tax law with integrity and fairness to all. The IRS hires talented and dedicated individuals from many backgrounds, including accounting, business, finance, law enforcement and information technology. You will be challenged & supported on a daily basis. Whether you are just starting out or looking for a new opportunity, consider an IRS career.
- Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, set and adjust short-term priorities, and prepare schedules for completion of work.
- Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
- Give advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on both work and administrative matters.
- Initiate ways to improve production or increase the quality of the work directed.
- Interview candidates for positions in the unit; recommend appointment, promotion, or reassignment to such positions.
- Effect minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands, recommend other action in more serious cases.
- Approve and disapprove leave and recommend action in unusual cases.
- Hear and resolve complaints from employees, refer group grievances and more serious unresolved complaints to a higher level supervisor or manager.
- Identify developmental and training needs of employees, provide or arrange for needed development and training.
- Develop or participate in setting performance standards.
- Evaluate work performance of subordinates and make recommendations for outstanding performance recognition or disciplinary action.
- Must successfully complete a (high or moderate) risk background investigation, including the FBI criminal history record check.
- If you are in a telework eligible position, you may be directed to temporarily telework on a full-time basis due to COVID 19. Employees must be within a 150-mile radius of their official assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. Once normal operations resume, employees may be directed back to the office to perform the duties of their position. Telework eligibility does not guarantee telework; employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements and supervisor’s approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. As a reminder – If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
- Subject to a 1-year supervisory or managerial probationary period (unless already completed).
- File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in a variety of analysis techniques to review or evaluate studies on the effectiveness and efficiency of program operations or program staff.
- Experience is required of management techniques, methods, theories, principles, and labor relations concepts, to assure optimum utilization of personnel, equipment, and space for the accomplishment of all program objectives.
- Knowledge of procurement processes adequate to identify and initiate actions to establish contractual support and monitor contractor performance.
- Experience in the direction of programs that involve major analytical studies and projects relating to key programs of the function including: planning, organizing, directing, and reviewing work of subordinates; planning, scheduling, and coordinating work operations; planning and carrying out training and development of employees; and evaluating work performance and performing all other administrative functions
Company: Internal Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A