Website Internal Revenue Service
- As an IRS employee, you will feel proud knowing you helped make America stronger while working at one of the world’s biggest financial institutions. You will be part of an organization that collects over $2 trillion in revenue and processes over 200 million tax returns annually. We are proud of how we apply the tax law with integrity and fairness to all. The IRS hires talented and dedicated individuals from many backgrounds, including accounting, business, finance, law enforcement and information technology. You will be challenged & supported on a daily basis. Whether you are just starting out or looking for a new opportunity, consider an IRS career.
- Develops policy and procedures about the administration of Secure Data Transfer, and SharePoint. The incumbent sets and monitors SharePoint usage, and data security and assurance policy and acts as the main point of contact for GLDS for all functions.
- Develops policy on Secure Data Transfer, evaluates procedures for transfer processes and makes necessary suggestions to improve customer experience and data security in the process. Incumbent establishes policy guidelines for SharePoint for GLDS and for Data Retention.
- Develops program and/or funding related objectives, systems, standards and evaluation criteria for programs by ensuring agreements are successfully negotiated, funded, approved and signed by PGLD Executives, Deputy Commissioners and Commissioner. Maintains awareness of new developments in assigned programs/projects to maintain expert knowledge and develops strategic operating or business plans, assessments and reports. Plans the approach and development of complex projects and programs, while maintaining a balance between the priorities of Privacy, Governmental Liaison & Disclosure (PGLD) and the mission of the Service.
- Assesses impact of new programs and legislative changes on existing programs and resources. Conducts comprehensive analyses using a wide range of qualitative and quantitative analysis methods. Ensures that program, policies and management applications recommended are fully compatible with the technical and administrative provisions. Manages program priorities or funding obligations of assigned work (reimbursable and data exchange programs, contracts, work plans, etc.).
- If you are in a telework eligible position, you may be directed to temporarily telework on a full-time basis due to COVID 19. Employees must be within a 150-mile radius of their official assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. Once normal operations resume, employees may be directed back to the office to perform the duties of their position. Telework eligibility does not guarantee telework; employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements and supervisor’s approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. As a reminder – If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
- A 1-year probationary period is required (unless already completed).
Qualification & Experience:
- You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience leading major program assignments that required a wide range of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques, both qualitative and quantitative, sufficient to accomplish complex programs or studies broad in scope and magnitude. Experience with a wide range of laws, policies, regulations, and precedents applicable to the Government Liaison and Disclosure in order to develop required documents for projects; Experience with management principles and processes to perform program management duties and to effectively coordinate and integrate objectives and recommendations with key line and/or staff functions of the Service; Experience with both oral and written communication in order to deliver presentations and create/update reports or briefings.
Company: Internal Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mobile, AL, US
Application Deadline: N/A