Website Jumeirah Group
- To maintain a line of communication between Executive Chef and the Kitchen Brigade.
- To establish culinary standards specific to banquets which meet the needs of the target market.
- To plan menus and recipes and test samples in conjunction with the Executive Chef .
- To check on a daily basis food preparation, individual costs, quality, quantity inventories and portion control.
- During service periods, to personally run the hot plate and assist when needed and to ensure that the presentation as well as quality of the food is in accordance with the established standards.
- To liase with the Chief Steward in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the Kitchen, such as machinery, small Kitchen equipment, floors and fridges, To ensure a sufficient supply of crockery and cutlery for the service and his department.
- To inspect regularly all food stores and refrigerated areas and suggest, where necessary, correct storage methods to comply with Health & Safety regulations, to avoid spoilage and ensure regular turnover of food items and give completed check lists to the Executive Chef
- In conjunction with the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef, establish job methods and supervise on a regular basis, and correct if necessary, cooking standards to maintain a high quality of food and service on quality basis.
- To write specific and accurate product specifications and standard recipes for use in the computer and by the Materials Manager.
- To use, wherever possible, locally and seasonally available products in menus and “specials”.To inspect daily, all fresh food received to ensure the quality is maintained.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2 years experience in a similar position in a quality focused establishment
Company: Jumeirah Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Manufacturing
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A