Website Publix Super Markets
Publix is able to offer virtual employment for this position in the following states: FL, GA, AL, TN, SC, NC, VA
You will be joining our exciting and highly visible Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE) team. CCOE is the focal point of the transformation efforts for our IT Modernization project. You will enable the transformation of our cloud adoption and operations practices. The Principal Azure Engineer is the senior most position on CCOE team and must have a strong understanding of cloud services and be able to lead a team of cross-functional application developers, infrastructure engineers, and security specialists to promote cloud-first architecture and implementations. You will also be responsible for supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust, seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation, participating in various cloud enablement and advocacy activities, and coaching associates on various deployment models of Cloud. You will lead and implement large-scale cloud applications and address information governance and security challenges associated with running workloads on public clouds.
- Develop security baselines and standards for Azure resources including Network access, Restriction of internet-facing resource provision, and configuration within the Azure environment.
- Lead and implement all aspects of a cloud migration initiative, including its impact on infrastructure, networks, and security.
- Work with applications team to draft and institutionalize cloud security standards, reference architecture’s, patterns, and guidelines for both cloud-native development and migrations.
- Define and develop architectural standards that promote DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- Work with application teams with their digital transformation goals and provide Azure resource deployment orchestration, automation, security, and configuration expertise.
- Work with the IT Security Team, Solution Architects, and Cloud Operations Team with any security-related issues that arise.
- Develop, maintain, and drive a continuous improvement culture within Cloud Center of Excellence team and its partners.
- Optimizing solution architectures to manage costs and identify cost control mechanisms.
- Define and drive automation of Cloud infrastructure provisioning and configuration management, self-service, Infrastructure-as-Code services, Auto Scale initiatives, and DevOps deployment and drive cloud strategy to move towards PaaS, and SaaS models.
- Provide expertise and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for both infrastructure and applications in Microsoft Azure.
- Define standards and best practices by conducting POCs for new cloud technologies.
- Provide leadership and oversight with your strong understanding of Cloud services, DevOps/ DevSecOps toolsets and platforms including compute, storage, networking, Security, Kubernetes, service mesh, CI/CD as well as monitoring and logging technologies.
- Establish a continuous improvement plan for Cloud Operations, including technology reviews, root cause analysis, action reports analysis, and cloud portfolio review to ensure adequate infrastructure to provide a suitable operating environment(s) for critical applications.
- 2 years of proven experience working with multiple Subscriptions/Accounts (in 100s) within an Enterprise Agreement.
- Hands-on experience migrating applications to the cloud
- Hands-on experience deploying cloud resources from DevOps pipelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related analytical field, or equivalent experience.
- Hands-on experience writing cloud resource and security policies
- Experience in designing and implementing applications using PaaS Services in a hybrid cloud environment.
- 2 years of proven experience with public cloud database services such as Azure SQL, Azure COSMOS DB, Dynamo DB, Firestore etc.
- 2 years of proven in public cloud monitoring tools such as Azure Monitoring, Log Analytics, Network watcher, Network Intelligence center, VPC Flow Logs etc.
- 2 years of proven experience in public cloud security tools such as Azure AD, Azure Security Center, Azure Key Vault, Azure Policies, Identity Platform, Congnito etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience with communicating with other teams via calls, chats, and email
- Hands-on experience writing Terraform.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Azure (corresponding GCP or AWS experience is also acceptable for required qualifications)
- 3 years of experience with public cloud network infrastructure such as VNETs, subnets, Network Security Groups, route tables, VPC, DNS etc.
- 2 years of proven experience with public cloud Big Data tools such as Azure Data Lake, Azure Data bricks, Azure Data Factory, Tensorflow, Data Proc etc.
- Hands-on experience writing scripts in PowerShell or Azure CLI or respective CLI for the cloud provider
- 4 years of proven experience in PaaS services such as Azure AppService, Azure Kubernetes services, AWS Bean Stalk, GCP App Engine etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- Hands-on experience with using, configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting network infrastructure connecting to Azure (Express Route, Site-to -Site VPN).
- Experience with Containers and Container orchestration solutions: Kubernetes, AKS and Docker Swarm
- AZ 301/304 and AZ 300/303 Azure Architect Certifications.
- Expertise in Azure SQL Server, Cosmos DB and MongoDB.
- Familiarity with 1 or more version control systems (Git, Azure DevOps).
- Experience with Prisma Cloud or other 3rd Azure Security tools.
- Experience with big data clustering technologies (Hadoop, Spark, HDInsight, EMR, etc.).
Company: Publix Super Markets
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ft. Myers, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A