Website Rite Aid
- The primary purpose of this position is to manage the operation of an individual store in particular markets in an efficient manner while maximizing sales, margin and profitability. Enforce company policies and procedures while ensuring directives and all daily activities deliver against the expected operating standards, merchandising programming and budgeted financial targets. This position promotes and drives customer service. Successful performance of this position requires the performance of managerial tasks with independent judgment and discretion. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and applicable laws.
- Provide leadership and development for associates by communicating career opportunities, provide regular performance feedback, and demonstrate SMILE
- Ensure via the use of Staffworks/Work Force Management that labor is scheduled to meet customer service needs and complete operating activities and ensure the same standards of operation are enforced in the pharmacy department.
- Interview, hire, train, direct, reward, and discipline associates; appraise associate performance; and resolve complaints.
- Lead store associates through the execution of company business plans/objectives to drive sales, be profitable and provide a superior customer and associate experience.
- Maintain merchandise standards according to the POMP manual, profit planner, corporate plan-o-grams and on-going merchandise information.
- Attend to opening and closing the store and maintain proper accountability for cash handling and company banking.
- Manage adherence to all regulatory and compliance legislation and policies.
- Manage an individual store while meeting store retail budgeted sales, margin, labor, expenses and overall P&L monthly results to ensure operating EBITDA and income are achieved.
- Perform all job duties necessary to providing a clean, safe, and pleasing environment to customers and associates by following company standards for safety regulations and overall store appearance both inside and outside of the store; maintain and follow rules in Clutter Free.
- Ability to work weekends and extended days on a frequent basis.
- Completion of required HIPAA training and all other required regulatory compliance training.
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- In accordance with state law, candidates must satisfy minimum age requirements to sell and/or supervise the sale of alcohol and/or tobacco products.
- Ability to work day or evening hours.
- Completion of Store Management training programs.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and deadlines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Business, or a minimum of four (4) years experience in retail, or one year management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Company: Rite Aid
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Manufacturing
Job Location: Norfolk, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A