Website Royal Mail
- We are looking to offer Permanent Contracts.
- Reporting to the Engineering Team Coach on a rotating shift basis, you will be responsible for performing corrective/preventive maintenance tasks compliant with Asset Care Schedules and recognised diagnostic procedures to resolve automation asset faults and breakdowns.
- Perform day-to-day delivery of maintenance tasks, specifically preventative/predictive maintenance, and corrective maintenance and conduct performance improvement initiatives.
- Provide effective and efficient support to the Plant Engineering Manager, Maintenance Team Leader and Engineering Team Coaches, including input into the compilation of end of shift reports, root cause analysis, fault logging and data entry.
- Identify the root cause of automation faults/breakdowns and prioritize corrective actions to meet operational processing objectives in association with team leaders, making full use of the relevant central support systems.
- Monitor and review day-to-day equipment performance and improve automation outputs in partnership with operations.
- Qualified in electrical and mechanical engineering (minimum ONC Electrical Engineering – or equivalent), you will have experience of working as part of an effective maintenance team through a period of considerable change and investment in technology.
- With a detailed understanding of Health & Safety legislation, you will have first-hand experience of maintaining automation equipment, ideally
- Program Logic Controllers (PLC), along with a flexible approach and the ability to communicate complex issues effectively.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A