Website Royal Mail
Just like Mr & Mrs Claus, you’ll play a key role in bringing Christmas to people across the UK! As a Mail Sorter, you’ll be unloading mail and parcels from our vans, moving them through our warehouses and ensuring that they arrive at their destination safely. During a single shift, you could sort over a million items with your team! It’s a very important role so flexibility, commitment and enthusiasm are key.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- You’re proactive and detail-focused
- You’re flexible and happy to switch between various tasks during a shift
- You’re able to push trolleys (up to 250kgs) and lift and move mail bags (up to 11kg)
- You can comfortably stand for long periods
- You don’t need to have worked for us before (we love new people!), but experience in warehouse or sorting work is a plus. If you’ve worked for
- Amazon or another distribution company (such as DPD, DHL or XPO), then you’re definitely on our wish list too!
- Please only apply for a Christmas role at one location. You may be considered for other sites in your local area, but multiple applications will be deleted.
- On your application, we’ll ask which hours you’d prefer to work. So that we can process your application effectively, please ensure that you choose one of the shift patterns above*. Shifts are offered on a first come, first serve basis. And while we try to be accommodating, flexibility is a must during our busiest time of year.
- If you’ve registered with Angard for Royal Mail work , you don’t need to apply for a Christmas casual role. Just visit: www.angardstaffing.co.uk and speak to an Angard representative for more information.
- We do our best to make Royal Mail a safe environment to work. This includes regular cleans of our warehouse and sorting facilities.
- Can’t wait to get started? Our roles get snapped up, so complete each stage of the progress quickly to avoid disappointment.
- If you’re under 18, you can’t legally work night shifts.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Liverpool, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A