Website Wells Fargo
- During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as ‘Personal Cell’ or ‘Cellular’ in the contact information of your application.
- Wells Fargo is looking to expand our Non Conforming Mortgage Underwriting Team and hire a number of Telecommute Mortgage Loan Underwriter 3 positions who have a strong desire and passion to deliver an exceptional experience in helping customers with their home loan applications. If you thrive on working with high accuracy and attention to detail and working with a team to meet customer needs, we want to talk to you!
- Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, approving and underwriting large, unusual or complex individual consumer requests and products within company and industry guidelines.
- Dependent on division and complexity of underwriting, functions may include reviewing financial statements, credit reports, and applicable ratios(i.e. Debt ratios, loan-to-value); evaluating; examining transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness; preparing formal reports for review; ensuring that documents are consistent and uphold to company and industry guidelines; implementing fraud detection techniques, performing compliance reviews; assisting with re-negotiations of loans based on lending guidelines; contacting customers and partners to gather information to make appropriate decisions, explain rationale behind credit decision. May provide work direction and/or training to lower level team members and provide performance feedback to supervisor/manager.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Knowledge and understanding of underwriting: non-conforming loan process
- Strong analytical skills including analyzing complex data
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
Qualification & Experience:
- 4+ years of underwriting experience
- 1+ year of experience with income analysis including exposure to reviewing self-employment, corporate, and partnerships tax returns
- 3+ years of underwriting experience with mortgage, commercial credit, or a combination of both
Company: Wells Fargo
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Finance
Job Location: Birmingham, AL, US
Application Deadline: N/A